Add Your Site to our Newsfeeds
Player newsfeeds appear on every FBref.com player page. Below is a sample from our hockey site.
- 6/1 Old North Banter: Carolina Hurricanes: Samuelsson in as Checkers coach: The Carolina Hurricanes are bringing in a familiar face to coach...
- 5/29 City of Champions: Penguins: All-Time Stanley Cup Finals Team: With the Pittsburgh Penguins back in the Stanley Cup Finals, who...
- 5/28 Blackhawk Up: 2016 World Cup Of Hockey Roster Surprises And Snubs: Among Eight World Cup Of Hockey Teams, There Were Surprises And...
- 5/28 Predlines: Nashville Predators One of Dozen Stanley Cupless Teams: The Nashville Predators aren't the only team that is still...
- 5/27 City of Champions: Penguins: Rookies Lead Pens to Stanley Cup Finals: The Pittsburgh Penguins notched their fifth trip to the Stanley...
How to Add Your Content
- First, use our Player Linker to seed your content with links to relevant FBref.com player pages.
- Second, use our Statistics Sharing Tool to embed any table of stats (customized by you) into your blog post.
Then let us know (see below) that you are using these tools and we will start scanning your RSS feed for links to FBref.com. We'll then link from the relevant player page (using our ID in the link) to your blog post.
- We can reject a website or feed for any reason.
- No profanity or vulgarity in the title. The title of the post appears on FBref.com. We will attempt to censor potentially offensive content from appearing on Sports Reference pages.
- To prevent Sports Reference from using a post, don't have any links to our sites or include the following in the post. <!-- NOINDEX -->
- Your RSS feed must include the text of the articles in order for us to pull out the player id's you link to
- In general, we will check your rss feed every hour and use the first 10 posts we find and the first 15 player id's in each post.
- Anyone found to be using this service in a spammy way will be immediately blocked.
- Only links in posts trigger this feature. Links in comments will not.
Let Us Know You Want to be Included
To be included in this service you need to send us the following information.
- the name of your site to appear in the feed (at most 25 characters)
- the url for your rss feed (must be a full feed)
- a contact e-mail address
- the url of an example page with our links in place
We'll review your request in no more than two business days and either begin including your content or let you know why we can't. Please let us know if you have any questions, or need our linker to support additional content management systems.
FBref.com launched (June 13th) with coverage for England (5 leagues), France (2 leagues), Germany (3 leagues), Italy (2 leagues), Spain (2 leagues), and United States (3 leagues). We have many more leagues, but are vetting them and will release them as they are prepared.
We have also added: Netherlands (July 16), Scotland (July 23), Portugal (July 30), Mexico (Oct 29), Belgium (Oct 29), Austria (Oct 29), Australia (Nov 5), Russia (Nov 5), Poland (Nov 12), Turkey (Nov 12), Denmark (Nov 28), Switzerland (Dec 4), Ukraine (Dec 17), Croatia (Dec 21), Greece (Jan 15) Bulgaria (Jan 29) Romania (Feb 18) Serbia (Mar 1) Czech Republic (Mar 1) Hungary (Mar 14)
Note that player records are likely not complete for their careers. Players may come from or move to leagues we don't currently cover. This issue will go down over time, as we add new leagues and seasons. Eventually, you'll be able to see Alexis Sanchez's stats in the Chilean Primera or maybe even Johan Cruyff's career stats. We will never in the future have less data than we do today. Because we are launching with a small set of countries, FBref will be ad-free for the entire year after its launch. The only payment we will ask for is that you let us know if you find an issue, so we can get better and better.
You can sign up to receive an e-mail when new countries and features launch.
For more information, see our Launch Blog Post, the overall leagues/competition page with details on leagues and seasons we include, or our About Page. Let us know if you find an issue or have a suggestion.
FBref is one of seven Sports-Reference.com sites.